Thursday April 15, 2021 from
4:00PM to 7:00PM
Telling one’s research project in 180 seconds? That’s the challenge launched by IVADO and its Intersectoral Student Committee to its student community!
In the same vein as the Acfas My Thesis in 180 seconds competition, this is the perfect opportunity for participants to practice communication for the general public, make their research known, and share their passion. with creativity. And this is a unique opportunity for the public to discover in one evening the variety of projects that flourish within our ecosystem!
To be won, two free tickets for the next Acfas Journées de la relève en recherche!
At the end of MRPI180, we will join together for an evening of networking and online games to discuss the presentations.
4PM – 4:30PM: Welcome and presentation of IVADO and the Student Intersectoral Committee
4:30PM – 5PM: Student presentations My IVADO research project in 180 seconds :
Laura Gagliano (Polytechnique Montréal)
Tom MacDougall (Université de Montréal)
Brice Rauby (Polytechnique Montréal)
Hatim Belgharbi (Polytechnique Montréal)
Carter Rhea (Université de Montréal)
Chloé Bourquin (Polytechnique Montréal)
17h – 19h: Networking event
https://gather.town/app/TqBrYSZZ8v95FrFL/IVADO180seconds (password: CIE2021)
Call to students
To take up the challenge and register as a participant, or simply to come and attend the presentations, please complete the following form before April 1st, 2021 for applicants and before April 14, 2021 for the public.
Conditions of participation for presenters:
- Be a 2nd or 3rd cycle student or postdoctoral researcher from the IVADO community;
- Currently working on a research project;
- Be sufficiently advanced in your project to be able to present it (it is not mandatory to present results).
Rules for applicants:
- The presentation must be made in French or English and must not exceed 180 seconds;
- The presentation should be based on a single slide;
- The slide must be a static image, without animation or video;
- The slide can have multiple images or diagrams, but very little text;
- The slide must be in a high-resolution format (at least 1080 x 1080 pixels), not exceeding 100 MB;
- You must have the right / permission to share the images used in the slide for non-commercial purposes.
Possibility of training for participants (in French) :
You want to present your project during the event, but you wonder how to summarize several years of study in only 180 seconds? You want to make your subject captivating and attract the public’s attention? Sign up for this personalized coaching session offered by Acfas! Hurry up, places are limited!
- Become familiar with the different research projects of our IVADO scholarship students;
- Network with the entire IVADO student community;
- For applicants: acquire notions of popularization and present research projects to a multidisciplinary audience.
The IVADO team, in collaboration with the IVADO intersectoral student committee.